Fort Myers Film Festival kicks off 12th season
The Fort Myers Film Festival is kicking off its 12th season with the film series “T.G.I.M.” starting on Sept. 6 at the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center in Fort Myers.
Local celebrity judges and attendees get a chance to watch and then weigh in on how they feel about short indie films screened. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; the show begins at 7 p.m.
Grab a drink and intellectualize with host Eric Raddatz and co-host Melissa DeHaven, while mixing and mingling with other Southwest Florida film connoisseurs the first Monday of every month in season. Special guests, musical acts and interviews will be announced prior to each Monday night.
Bring your ticket from the event and join the after-party at Blu Sushi downtown.
The schedule is as follows:
– Sept. 6: Dancer, choreographer, producer and founder of Glam Bam Burlesque Rose Burstein, actress Cassidy Reyes and the Collaboratory’s Tessa LeSage
– Oct. 4: Food and travel writer Blakely Trettenero, artist Cesar Aguilera and TV host and anchor Amy Oshier
– Nov. 1: WGCU’s John Davis, filmmaker Wendy White and Florida Repertory Theatre Associate Artistic Director Jason Parrish
– Dec. 6: Philanthropist Marc Collins, Downtown Diva Stephanie Davis and filmmaker Justin Verely
– Jan. 3: Singer Sheena Brook, editor Sheldon Zoldan and art therapist Ashley Randolph
– Feb. 7: Filmmakers Anna Honorata, John Biffar and KT Curran
– March 7: Musician Johnny Jensen, director Jim Griffith and ABC7s Amanda Lojewski
For more information or tickets, visit https://www.sbdac.com/tgim-landing-2022/ or call 239-333-1933.