Lee Health seeks blood donations
Lee Health is seeking blood donations to help replenish supply levels. Current blood supplies are critically low, and Lee Health’s blood centers are in urgent need of donors.
As home to the region’s only trauma center, it is vital that the system’s blood supply remains at healthy levels in order to quickly care for patients needing an urgent transfusion. Blood and blood products are not only used in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia and a variety of other conditions.
Lee Health’s blood centers are the sole supplier of all blood products for the entire health system. About 800 units of blood are needed per week, and the blood centers rely on life to saving donations from the community to maintain inventory levels.
The Lee Health Blood Mobile will be at the following locations:
– Today, Aug. 4: Club Square, at 4646 S.E. 10th Place, Cape Coral, from 8 to 11 a.m.
– Today, Aug. 4: Royal Palm Coast Realtor Association, at 918 S.E. 46th Lane, Cape Coral, from noon to 4 p.m.
– Aug. 5: Duval Street, at 4721 Vincennes Blvd., Cape Coral, from 2 to 6 p.m.; thank you gift of a free lunch up to $15, beverage not included
– Aug. 5: Faith Presbyterian Church, at 4544 Coronado Parkway, Cape Coral, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Aug. 7: AM Vets Post #81, at 1910 N. Tamiami Trail, North Fort Myers, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– Aug. 8: Cypress Lake Presbyterian Church, at 8260 Cypress Lake Drive, Fort Myers, from 8:45 to 11:45 a.m.
– Aug. 9: Hampton Manor of Cape Coral, at 1906 Skyline Blvd., Cape Coral, from 8 to 11 a.m.
– Aug. 9: Lee County Tax Collector, at 1039 S.E. 9th Place, Cape Coral, from 1 to 4 p.m.
– Aug. 10: Lehigh Fire Department #104, at 3102 16th St. SW, Lehigh Acres, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Aug. 10: The Community House, at 2173 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
All blood donated at Lee Health stays within the system to care for patients in Southwest Florida. If unable to attend a drive, donations can also be made at one of Lee Health’s blood centers.
For more information on how and where to donate, visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/blood-centers.