Lee Health seeks blood donations
Lee Health is seeking blood donations to help replenish supply levels. Current blood supplies are critically low, and Lee Health’s blood centers are in urgent need of donors.
As home to the region’s only trauma center, it is vital that the system’s blood supply remains at healthy levels in order to quickly care for patients needing an urgent transfusion. Blood and blood products are not only used in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia and a variety of other conditions.
Lee Health’s blood centers are the sole supplier of all blood products for the entire health system. About 800 units of blood are needed per week, and the blood centers rely on life to saving donations from the community to maintain inventory levels.
The Lee Health Blood Mobile will be at the following locations:
– Today, June 23: Lee County Tax Collector, at 25987 S. Tamiami Trail, Bonita Springs, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– Today, June 23: Suncoast Credit Union, at 1533 Matthew Drive, Fort Myers, from 8 a.m. to noon
– June 24: Lee County Sheriff Office, at 14750 Six Mile Cypress Parkway, Fort Myers, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– June 24: Lee County VA Clinic, at 2489 Diplomat Parkway E., Cape Coral, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– June 25: The Outpatient Center at Surfside, at 2441 Surfside Blvd., Cape Coral, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– June 27: St. Cecilia’s Catholic Church, at 1569 Matthews Drive, Fort Myers, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– June 28: Lee Tran, at 3401 Metro Parkway, Fort Myers, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– June 30: Key West Express, at 1200 Main St., Fort Myers Beach, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– June 30: LA Fitness, at 10058 Gulf Center Drive, Fort Myers, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– June 30: Lee Physician Group, at 9131 College Pointe Court, Fort Myers, from 2 to 5 p.m.
All blood donated at Lee Health stays within the system to care for patients in Southwest Florida. If unable to attend a drive, donations can also be made at one of Lee Health’s blood centers.
For more information on how and where to donate, visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/blood-centers.