Lee Health seeks blood donations
Lee Health is seeking blood donations to help replenish supply levels. Current blood supplies are critically low, and Lee Health’s blood centers are in urgent need of donors.
As home to the region’s only trauma center, it is vital that the system’s blood supply remains at healthy levels in order to quickly care for patients needing an urgent transfusion. Blood and blood products are not only used in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia and a variety of other conditions.
Lee Health’s blood centers are the sole supplier of all blood products for the entire health system. About 800 units of blood are needed per week, and the blood centers rely on life to saving donations from the community to maintain inventory levels.
The Lee Health Blood Mobile will be at the following locations:
– June 10: Royal Palm Realtors, at 2840 Winkler Ave., Fort Myers, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– June 10: Texas Road House, at 8021 Dani Drive, Fort Myers, from 2 to 6 p.m.
– June 11: Farmers Market, at 10801 Corkscrew Road, Estero, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– June 13: Cypress Lake Presbyterian Church, at 8260 Cypress Lake Drive, Fort Myers, from 8:45 to 11:45 a.m.
– June 13: Christian Life Fellowship, at 1200 S.W. 20th Ave., Cape Coral, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– June 14: Lee Health Coconut Point, at 23450 Via Coconut Point, Estero, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– June 15: Around the Clock Fitness, at 1755 Boy Scout Drive, Fort Myers, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– June 15: Lee County Tax Collector, at 3114 Lee Blvd., Lehigh Acres, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– June 16: Around the Clock Fitness, at 9375 Six Mile Cypress Parkway, Fort Myers, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– June 16: The New Resident’s Club, at 5815 Driftwood Parkway, Cape Coral, from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
All blood donated at Lee Health stays within the system to care for patients in Southwest Florida. If unable to attend a drive, donations can also be made at one of Lee Health’s blood centers.
For more information on how and where to donate, visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/blood-centers.