Center Stage: ‘Into The Woods’ was an amazing performance by teens
“Into The Woods,” written by Stephan Sondheim and James Lapine, was the “fairy tale” musical performed by the amazing Florida Rep Education’s Winter Conservatory. These teenage students did an amazing job recently performing this rather challenging show. This musical may feature many different characters from children’s fairy tales, but their musical journey is pretty much the same painful, existential one taken by adults in other Sondheim musicals.
The truth is that this Sondheim score is one of the most challenging ever written by the composer. That fact alone made this production by young students outstanding. The concept of this show was brilliant, and the young performers matched that brilliance perfectly. Each and every cast member gave it their best. And so, I feel it my duty to mention each by name and the character they played.
In alphabetical order they are:
– Patrick Agonito: Cinderella’s Prince
– Nayda Marie Baez: Cinderella’s Stepmother
– Zeke Bocklage: Mysterious Man
– Rachel Burnes: Cinderella
– Kylie Campbell: Rapunzel
– Abby Ciabaton: Little Red Riding Hood
– Anna Collins: Snow White
– Sophia Condit: Granny/Cinderella’s Mother
– Kennedy Violet Mann: Florinda
– Sophia Gurule: Little Red Riding Hood
– Sophie Hagan: Witch
– Caleb Massari: Jack
– Jesse Massari: Jack’s Mother
– Kristen Noble: Lucinda
– Samuel Pucin: Baker
– Cameron Rodgers: Rapunzel’s Prince
– Michael Shelley: Steward
– Talia Tumminello: Baker Wife
– Scotty Wells: Cinderella’s Father/Wolf
– Cadence Bambrey-Zedd: Narrator
I can only say, bravo! To all of you, and thank you for all the effort, hard work, time and dedication you all put into making “Into The Woods” an outstanding evening’s entertainment and a truly memorable evening of live theater. How exciting it is to know that despite this pandemic and the isolation blues, live theater is still entertaining audiences at the Florida Repertory Theatre.
Meanwhile, stay tuned because the Florida Rep will announce the new 2021-22 season anytime now, and I will get it to you ASAP!