Lee Health seeks blood donations
Lee Health is seeking blood donations to help replenish supply levels. Current blood supplies are critically low, and Lee Health’s blood centers are in urgent need of donors.
As home to the regions only trauma center, it is vital that the system’s blood supply remains at healthy levels in order to quickly care for patients needing an urgent transfusion. Blood and blood products are not only used in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia and a variety of other conditions.
Lee Health’s blood centers are the sole supplier of all blood products for the entire health system. About 800 units of blood are needed per week, and the blood centers rely on life-saving donations from the community to maintain inventory levels.
The Lee Health Blood Mobile will be at the following locations:
– Today, April 21: The New Resident’s Club, at 5815 Driftwood Parkway, Cape Coral, from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– April 22: Galeana, at 14375 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– April 23: Bailey’s General Store, at 2477 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– April 25: First Christian Church, at 2061 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers, from 8 a.m. to noon
– April 26: Bridge Plaza, at 12091 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers, from 1 to 4 p.m.
– April 28: Lee County Sheriff Office, at 14750 Six Mile Cypress Parkway, Fort Myers, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– April 28: The Community House, at 2173 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– April 29: Lee County VA Clinic, at 2489 Diplomat Parkway E., Cape Coral, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– April 29: Lee Physician Group Urology, at 507 Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral, from 3 to 5 p.m.
– April 30: Farah and Farah, at 7370 College Parkway, Suite 204, Fort Myers, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All blood donated at Lee Health stays within the system to care for patients in Southwest Florida. If unable to attend a drive, donations can also be made at one of Lee Health’s blood centers.
For more information on how and where to donate, visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/blood-centers.