Lee Health seeking blood donations
Lee Health is seeking blood donations to help replenish supply levels.
As home to the regions only trauma center, it is vital that the system’s blood supply remains at healthy levels in order to quickly care for patients needing an urgent transfusion. Blood and blood products are not only used in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia and a variety of other conditions.
Lee Health’s blood centers are the sole supplier of all blood products for the entire health system. About 800 units of blood are needed per week, and the blood centers rely on life-saving donations from the community to maintain inventory levels.
The Lee Health Blood Mobile will be at the following locations:
– City of Cape Coral, at 1015 Cultural Park Blvd., Cape Coral, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– Bell Tower Shops, at 13499 US 41, Fort Myers, from 10 a.m. 4 p.m.
– Anchor Church, at 11651 E. Terry St., Bonita Springs, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
– LYNX Services, at 6351 Bayshore Road, Suite 18, North Fort Myers, from 2 to 5 p.m.
– LeeTran, at 3401 Metro Parkway, Fort Myers, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– Estero Recreation Center, at 9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd., Estero, from 1 to 4 p.m.
– Wayne Wiles, at 16240 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers, from 9 a.m. 1 p.m.
– Suncoast Credit Union, at 1533 Matthew Drive, Fort Myers, from 2 to 5 p.m.
All blood donated at Lee Health stays within the system to care for patients in Southwest Florida. If unable to attend one of the drives, donations can also be made at one of Lee Health’s blood centers to help save lives. For more information on how and where to donate, visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/blood-centers.