City releases reminder about political signs
The city of Sanibel’s Sign Regulations (Chapter 106, Section 106-136 of the city’s Codified Ordinances) define specific standards for Temporary Political Signs, which includes:
– Area and height: Maximum sign face of 2 square feet and maximum height of 3 feet for ground signs.
– Ground sign standards: Signs cannot be located within the public right-of-way.
– All signs must be set back a minimum of 2 feet from the front, rear or side property line.
– The sign face must be parallel to the adjacent roadway frontage.
– Political signs cannot pose an obstruction or hazard to traffic, bicycle or pedestrian safety.
– Window sign: May be affixed to the inside of, or displayed behind, a window or door of a building.
– Removal: All temporary signs must be removed five days after the election.
To access the Sanibel Codified Ordinances, visit https://library.municode.com/fl/sanibel/codes/code_of_ordinances.
For more information, contact Code Enforcement at the Community Services Department at email@example.com or 239-472-4136.