League of Women Voters to host educational events
The League of Women Voters of Lee County is inviting league members and the public to free and virtual educational events. The following events are scheduled:
– Jan. 9: Behavioral Health Community Issues and Partnerships in Lee County at 9:30 a.m. Panelists are Judge Howard Andrew Swett, 20th Judicial Circuit Behavioral Courts; Lt. LaDonna Brady, Lee County Sheriff’s Office; and Phillip Brooks, Community Assisted and Supported Living Inc.
– Feb. 6: Coastal Resilience and Climate Change Preparedness in Southwest Florida at 9:30 a.m. Speaker is Michael Savarese, professor of coastal resilience and climate adaptation at The Water School with Florida Gulf Coast University’s Department of Marine & Earth Sciences.
– March 6: Social Justice in Education at 9:30 a.m. Panelists from the School District of Lee County will discuss diversity, safety, mental health, and juvenile justice.
– March 15: Celebrate 100 Years of Women’s Suffrage and Explore Today’s Challenges at 6 p.m. Speaker is Jamie R. Abrams, professor of Law with University of Louisville, with moderator Precious Gunter, of Florida Gulf Coast University’s Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance. Sponsored by LWVLee and FGCU.
– April 3: Environmental Issues in Lee County at 9:30 a.m. Panelists TBD.
Options to receive a registration link to the virtual events:
– Visit https://my.lwv.org/florida/lee-county/calendar
– Email email@example.com
– Call 239-278-1032
For more information, visit the Website calendar at www.lwvlee.org.