DOH-Lee announces pop-up, walk-up testing sites
The Florida Department of Health in Lee County, in partnership with Lee County Government, will provide free walk-up COVID-19 testing throughout the county during the month of December.
Staff will have 300 tests available at each site for ages 4 and older; those under age 4 will be referred for testing to DOH-Lee
In addition to the COVID-19 testing, DOH-Lee is offering free influenza (flu) and Hepatitis A (HepA) vaccines. Flu vaccine is available for anyone who is not sick ages 6 months or older. The HepA vaccine is for anyone 18 years and older. All unvaccinated residents are encouraged to get their flu shot as soon as possible. Flu vaccination is the best way to prevent the flu and its potentially serious complications.
Testing will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until 12:30 p.m., weather permitting:
– Dec. 17: Lee Tran Beach Park & Ride, at 1113 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers
– Dec. 21: Jim Jeffers Park, at 2817 S.W. 3rd Lane, Cape Coral
– Dec. 22: Old Bonita Library, at 26876 Pine Ave., Bonita Springs
– Dec. 28: Estero Park & Recreation Center, at 9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd., Estero
– Dec. 29: Sam’s Club, at 301 S.W. Pine Island Road, Cape Coral
There is no fee for the test or vaccines; and no appointment, doctor’s order nor ID is needed. Parking is limited at some sites. These are not drive-thru sites; attendees are asked to walk up to the testing area.