Incoming county commissioners sworn in; Ruane selected to serve as chair
Three commissioners were sworn in on Nov. 17 as members of the Lee County Board of County Commissioners, according to Lee County Government officials.
The newly inaugurated Board members are:
– District 1 Commissioner Kevin Ruane, who was elected after serving as the mayor of the city of Sanibel for more than a decade.
– District 3 Commissioner Ray Sandelli, who was elected earlier this month after being appointed to serve in 2019 by Gov. Ron DeSantis.
– District 5 Commissioner Frank Mann, who was re-elected after serving for 14 years.
The community is invited to enjoy the ceremony virtually at www.leegov.com/inauguration. On the county’s inauguration Website, visitors can:
– Watch the ceremony video, including two virtual performances by The A Cappella Group from Cypress Lake High School Center for the Arts.
– Sign a virtual guest book.
– View the event program.
– Read commissioner biographies.
– Watch “Meet the Commissioner” videos.
Following the ceremony, the BOCC held its regularly scheduled meeting.
Lee County Clerk of Court Linda Doggett presided over the selection of the new chairman for the commission for the year ahead — Ruane. It then selected Pendergrass as its vice chairman.