DOH-Lee providing free vaccination sites
The Florida Department of Health in Lee County will provide additional free influenza (flu) and Hepatitis A (HepA) vaccines during the month of November. Staff will utilize the mobile units funded by LeeCARES. A total of 80 flu vaccines and 30 HepA vaccines will be available at each site.
The flu vaccine is available for anyone 6 months or older.
Vaccination begins at 9 a.m. and will continue until 12:30 p.m., weather permitting:
– Nov. 12: Lakes Regional Library, at 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers
– Nov. 13: Hope PACE Center, at 1201 Wings Way, Lehigh Acres
– Nov. 19: North Fort Myers Public Library, at 2001 N. Tamiami Trail, North Fort Myers
– Nov. 20: Hope Chest, at 28520 Bonita Crossings Blvd., Bonita Springs
– Nov. 24: Fort Myers Regional Library/Talking Books Library, at 1651 Lee St., Fort Myers
– Dec. 1: Hope Care Center, at 9740 HealthPark Circle, Fort Myers
There is no fee for the vaccine, and no appointment or doctor’s order is necessary. Parking is limited at some sites. These are not drive-thru sites; attendees are asked to walk up to the vaccination area.
For individuals 65 and over who would like the high-dose flu vaccine, call 239-461-6100 to schedule an appointment at the Michigan Avenue location.