DOH-Lee providing free testing, vaccination sites
The Florida Department of Health in Lee County, in partnership with Lee County Government, will provide free walk-up COVID-19 testing throughout the county during the month of November.
Staff will have 300 tests available at each site for ages 4 and older; those under age 4 will be referred for testing to DOH-Lee.
In addition to the COVID-19 testing, DOH-Lee is offering free influenza (flu) and Hepatitis A (HepA) vaccines. Flu vaccine is available for anyone who is not sick ages 6 months or older. The HepA vaccine is for anyone 18 years and older. All unvaccinated residents are encouraged to get their flu shot as soon as possible. Flu vaccination is the best way to prevent the flu and its potentially serious complications.
Testing will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until 12:30 p.m., weather permitting:
– Nov. 10: Old Bonita Library, at 26876 Pine Ave., Bonita Springs
– Nov. 17: North Fort Myers Community Pool, at 5170 Orange Grove Blvd., North Fort Myers
– Nov. 23: Estero Park and Recreation Center, at 9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd., Estero
– Nov. 30: Kurt Donaldson Park, at 180 Hunter Blvd., Cape Coral
– Dec. 2: Phillips Park, at 5675 Sesame Drive, Bokeelia
There is no fee for the test or vaccines; and no appointment, doctor’s order nor ID is needed. Parking is limited at some sites. These are not drive-thru sites; attendees are asked to walk up to the testing area.