CROW names restaurants for Taste of the Islands
The Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife recently announced the 31 restaurants participating in the 39th Taste of the Islands.
Taste of the Islands has been reimagined this year to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Each restaurant will offer its “Taste” items to showcase its cuisine throughout the month of November. A portion of the proceeds from those designated food and beverage “Tastes” sold will be donated to CROW.
In lieu of an admission to the event, participants can purchase a “Taste Passport” with a listing and map of the restaurants. Each restaurant will stamp or punch the passport so patrons can track their progress. Only passport holders will be eligible to vote for their favorite restaurant to win the coveted “People’s Choice Award” and be entered into a drawing for prizes, including vacation stays and gift certificates.
Passports will be available for purchase at CROW, Bank of the Islands/Edison National Bank locations, Bailey’s General Store, Huxter’s Market & Deli, the participating restaurants, or online for pick up at “will calls” both on and off Sanibel.
“This new format has allowed for more restaurants to participate than ever before,” CROW Executive Director Alison Charney Hussey said. “We are excited to be able to encourage diners to come to the islands, visit the restaurants themselves, perhaps a different one every day, all while helping to raise money for wildlife.”
Every Sunday from noon until 4 p.m., a “CROW CRAWL” will feature restaurants in different areas of the islands. Animal Ambassadors will be in the CROW tent in front of one of the restaurants, with event sponsors featured outside other restaurants in the region. Although each restaurant is featured on one Sunday, diners can visit all of the restaurants and order their menu items at any time in November.
The 39th Taste of the Islands participating restaurants are:
– Nov. 1: Crow’s Nest, Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille — Captiva, The Green Flash, Lazy Flamingo, The Mucky Duck, Old Captiva House and Sunset Grill
– Nov. 8: Great White Grill, Love Boat Ice Cream, The Pecking Order Fried Chicken and Pies, Sanibel Deli, T2 and The Timbers Restaurant & Fish Market
– Nov. 15: Blue Giraffe, Island Pizza Company, MudBugs Cajun Kitchen, Sanibel Fish House, Sweet Melissa’s Café and Traders
– Nov. 22: The Clam Shack, Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille — Sanibel, Joey’s Custard, Normandie Seaside Cafe, Spoondrift Island Bowls and Thistle Lodge Beachfront Restaurant
– Nov. 29: Cielo, Lazy Flamingo II, Matzaluna’s Italian Kitchen, Sanibel Fresh, Seabreeze Café and Tipsy Turtle Restaurant & Bar
For more information, visit www.crowclinic.org/articles/39th-taste-of-the-islands and RSVP on the Taste of the Islands Facebook event page for live videos from restaurants, judging and more.