DOH-Lee announces free testing, vaccination sites
The Florida Department of Health in Lee County, in partnership with Lee County Government, will provide free walk-up COVID-19 testing throughout the county during the month of October.
Staff will have 300 tests available at each site for ages 4 and older.; children under age 4 will be referred for testing to DOH-Lee.
With the free COVID-19 testing, DOH-Lee is offering free influenza (flu) and Hepatitis A (HepA) vaccines. Flu vaccine is available for anyone who is not sick aged 6 months or older. The HepA vaccine is for anyone 18 years and older. All unvaccinated residents are encouraged to get their flu shot as soon as possible. Flu vaccination is the best way to prevent the flu and its potentially serious complications.
There is no fee for the test or vaccines, and no appointment or doctor’s order is necessary. Parking is limited at some sites. These are not drive-thru sites; attendees are asked to walk up to the testing area.
Testing begins at 9 a.m. and will continue until 12:30 p.m., weather permitting:
– Oct. 13: Lehigh Acres Park, at 1400 West 5th St., Lehigh Acres
– Oct. 17: Café of Life Bonita Springs, at 26724 Nomad Drive, Bonita Springs
– Oct. 20: Hunter Park, at 1526 Oak Drive, Fort Myers
– Oct. 27: North Fort Myers Park, at 2000 North Recreation Parkway, North Fort Myers
The DOH-Lee will provide additional free influenza and Hepatitis A vaccines during the month of October. Staff will utilize the mobile units funded by LeeCARES. A total of 80 flu vaccines and 30 HepA vaccines will be available at each site.
There is no fee for the vaccine, and no appointment or doctor’s order is necessary. Parking is limited at some sites. These are not drive-thru sites; attendees are asked to walk up to the vaccination area.
Vaccination begins at 9 a.m. and will continue until 12:30 p.m., weather permitting:
– Oct. 7: Lakes Regional Library, at 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers
– Oct. 8: Pine Manor, at 5547 10th Ave., Fort Myers
– Oct. 15: Northwest Regional Library, at 519 Chiquita Blvd. N., Cape Coral
– Oct. 22: Dunbar-Jupiter Hammon Public Library, at 3095 Blount St., Fort Myers
– Oct. 29: Bonita Springs Public Library, at 10560 Reynolds St., Bonita Springs
For individuals 65 and over who would like the high-dose flu vaccine, call 239-461-6100 to schedule an appointment at the Michigan Avenue location.