DOH-Lee announces pop-up, walk-up testing sites
The Florida Department of Health in Lee County, in partnership with Lee County Government, will provide free walk-up COVID-19 testing throughout the county during the month of September.
Staff will have 300 tests available at each site for ages 4 and older. Children under age 4 will be referred for testing to DOH-Lee.
Testing begins at 9 a.m. and will continue until 12:30 p.m., weather permitting:
– Sept. 3: Rutenberg Park, at 6500 South Pointe Blvd., Fort Myers
– Sept. 8: Schandler Hall Park, at 419 Royal Palm Park Road, Fort Myers
– Sept. 10: North Fort Myers Community Pool, at 5170 Orange Grove Blvd., North Fort Myers
– Sept. 15: t Charleston Park, at 2541 Charleston Park Drive, Alva
– Sept. 17: Yawkey Park, at 2291 Jackson St., Fort Myers
– Sept. 22: Karl Drews Park, at 18412 Lee Road, Fort Myers
– Sept. 24: Veteran’s Park, at 55 Homestead Road S., Lehigh Acres
– Sept. 29: Kurt Donaldson Park, at 180 Hunter Blvd., Cape Coral
There is no fee for the test, and no appointment or doctor’s order is necessary. Parking is limited at some sites. These are not drive-thru sites; attendees are asked to walk up to the testing area. Locations are at municipal parks, with Lee County EMS and Florida DOH-Lee staff conducting the tests and accompanying paperwork.