CHR to resume #GBW events starting with fall lineup
Community Housing and Resources announced the return of its Give Back Wednesday campaign.
After a brief hiatus during the COVID-19 pandemic, CHR is back and ready to help out island businesses with a #GBW. Join it every other Wednesday beginning Sept. 2 to eat, shop and sip while enjoying the ambiance and wares of favorite shops and restaurants, while also supporting CHR.
“We have a fantastic lineup of businesses this fall,” CHR Executive Director Melissa Rice said. “Something for everyone, all socially distanced and properly following CDC guidelines.”
“You can place your order for pick up or come in-person,” she added. “And a portion of the day’s proceeds will be donated to CHR to support our island’s affordable housing program.”
Upcoming #GBW dates and locations are as follows:
– Sept. 2: The Sanibel Cafe, at 2007 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sept. 16: Matzaluna The Italian Kitchen, at 1200 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sept. 30: Over Easy Cafe and Suncatchers’ Dream, at 630 Tarpon Bay Road, Sanibel
– Oct. 14: Bailey’s Virtual Wine event
– Oct. 28: Adventures in Paradise, at 2019 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Nov. 11: Paper Fig Kitchen, at 2003 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Nov. 25: Joey’s Custard, at 2467 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
There will be more Give Back Wednesday events planned during the winter.
According to Rice, CHR has been hit hard by the pandemic. Residents in over 30 households were furloughed, laid off or had significantly reduced hours during the peak season and summer. With bills mounting and no income, many sought CHR’s assistance — now CHR needs the community’s help.
“With your support of our Give Back Wednesdays, CHR will be able to continue to provide aid to those residents in need during these unprecedented times,” she said. “We appreciate all our sponsors, donors and supporters, and thank you in advance for your help.”
For more information or to donate directly to the organization, visit www.sanibelchr.org.
Subscribe to CHR’s newsletter to receive updates on #GBW events and more.