Student Enrollment Office reopens with limited staff, hours
The Student Enrollment Office has reopened only for parents who need to register students new to the School District of Lee County. Select staff will be available for in-person registration between 8:30 a.m. and noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday; the office is closed from noon to 1 p.m.
A number of precautions are in place to protect employees and families:
– Only one family member is allowed in the office with a max of 10 people waiting in the lobby.
– Masks are required.
– Social distancing enforced in the office and for those waiting outside in line.
– Registration information (English and Spanish) brochures will be available for pickup.
– Lockbox located outside the entrance for paperwork that needs to be dropped off.
The documents required to register a student include:
– Child’s original birth certificate
– Child’s immunization record
– Child’s wellness physical (dated within one year)
– Child social security card (optional)
– Parent photo ID, proof of current address (recent utility bill or lease)
– Custody documents if applicable
Additional staff will continue working remotely to assist families through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails should include the parent’s name, student’s full name, student’s date of birth and the nature of the concern or inquiry.
“We know many families will be registering students new to the district as we approach the start of school and even after classes start,” Student Enrollment Executive Director Soretta Ralph said. “We hope by reopening the office, taking safety precautions and continuing to serve our current students through email, we will welcome those new students in a safe and timely manner for families, schools and staff.”
For more information about the enrollment process, visit www.leeschools.net/our_district/departments/academic_services/student_enrollment.
The office is in the Lee County Public Education Center, at 2855 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers.