Pop-up walk-up testing scheduled throughout month
The Florida Department of Health in Lee County, in partnership with Lee County Government, will provide free walk-up COVID-19 testing throughout Lee County during the month of August.
Testing is scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning at 9 a.m. and will continue, weather-permitting, until 1 p.m. Staff will have 300 tests available at each site for anyone 18 years of age or older. Children will be referred for testing to the Florida Department of Health in Lee County.
There is no fee for the test, and no appointment or doctor’s order is necessary.
Locations on the schedule are at county-owned sites, with Lee County EMS and Florida DOH-Lee staff conducting the tests and accompanying paperwork. Selected sites are spread throughout the county.
Pop-up walk-up testing sites will take place:
– Aug. 13: Buckingham Community Park, at 9800 Buckingham Road, Fort Myers
– Aug. 18: Phillips Park, at 5675 Sesame Drive, Bokeelia
– Aug. 20: Old Bonita Springs Library, at 26876 Pine Ave., Bonita Springs
– Aug. 25: North Fort Myers Recreation Center, at 2000 N. Recreation Parkway, North Fort Myers
– Aug. 27: Veterans Recreation Center, at 55 Homestead Road S., Lehigh Acres