SCORE to offer free, six-part webinar to help small businesses
For the first time, SCORE Chapters within the nonprofit’s District 480 are joining forces to offer small business owners throughout the region the critical guidance needed today to determine whether they should stay in business and the best steps for moving forward. In a special six-part webinar series, presenters from five SCORE Chapters will guide small business owners-the backbone of the local and national economy-through an easy-to-follow, four-step process for meeting today’s small business challenges and creating a path for the future.
“Small business owners need to learn how to take action to preserve their livelihoods and those of their employees now more than ever,” a release issued Tuesday states. “According to an April survey from Main Street America, 7.5 million small businesses nationwide will shut permanently if business disruption caused by COVID-19 continues unabated. In Southwest Florida, in Lee County alone, a recent survey by Florida Gulf Coast University’s Regional Economic Research Institute shows that 56% surveyed businesses reported a decrease in demand of more than 50% as a result of the pandemic.”
Each webinar will take place from noon to 1 p.m. The series is free. Participants are encouraged to attend each one for comprehensive guidance. Registrants will be enrolled in the entire series upon registration.
The schedule is:
* July 16: Close, Survive or Thrive The Small Business Challenge Today: Assess your current financial situation, analyze the state of your business, and communicate your plan to staff and customers. (Presented by Eileen Buchanan, SWFL SCORE)
* July 23: Show Me the Money Assessing Your Financial Situation: In this webinar, participants will be shown how to use financial information to assess the current state of their business, how to use that information for making critical decisions about closing or surviving and thriving, and how to manage cash flow in the short term to set the stage for thriving in the future. (Presented by Henry McCabe, Port Charlotte SCORE)
* July 30: Analyze Your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats and Act on Your Results: It’s time to re-analyze and document your strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats since the emergence of COVID-19. Then the brainstorming begins to develop your best path forward. (Presented by Walter McCracken, Pinellas SCORE)
* Aug. 6: Putting It Together in an Actionable Plan the Business Model Canvas: Learn how to use the Business Model Canvas, a tool that allows you to capture the key ingredients of your plan on a single page, using a rigorous, thoughtful process. (Presented by Doug Barber, Manasota SCORE)
* Aug. 13: The In-Business Guide to Tough Times Marketing on a Dime: Get your name and product out to potential customers and clients without spending a lot of money. (Presented by Sharon Schulman, SWFL SCORE)
* Aug. 20: The Small Business Legal Challenges in the Age of COVID-19: What new risks does your business face today and how will you protect yourself and your business from liability?
(Presented by Patrick H. Neale, Attorney at Law, Naples)
Participants may register for one or all of the Zoom webinars.
To register: https://bit.ly/SCORESWFL