‘Summer BreakSpot’ meal program begins June 1
The School District is transitioning from the Grab & Go meal service to the annual Summer BreakSpot program on Monday, June 1.
There will be no interruption in service and meals will continue to be available to anyone 18 years old or younger.
There will be some slight changes starting Monday, District officials said:
* All current school-based distribution sites will continue offering meals from 10 a.m. until noon Monday through Friday.
* Bonita Springs Elementary will close as a DISTRICT feeding site. Bonita Springs Middle School will open in its place.
* Ten bus routes will drop to nine. Service will discontinue on Route 10 with stops at Arroyal Road & Carolina Street, Pennsylvania Avenue & Playa Del Rey Lane, Wisconsin Street & Carolina Street, Matheson Avenue. & Goodwin Street and Rosemary Drive & Sherwood Lane in Bonita Springs.
* Community partner Meals of Hope will operate a feeding program at Bonita Springs Elementary that will only serve food on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
* Other Community Partners are also serving meals at additional locations. Community Partner serving sites can be located through www.leeschools.net
* Summer BreakSpot sites will use the same cleaning and safety protocols in place since March to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Families will stay in their car and use school bus ramps or entrance ways to pick up the meals. Social distancing will remain in effect. Breakfast and lunch will be provided together in one bag. Meals are expected to be consumed off campus.
The location of Summer BreakSpot pick-up sites is flexible and could change depending on the demand. For a list of meal sites, families should visit www.LeeSchools.net, dial 2-1-1, or text FOODFL to 877-877.
Source: School District of Lee County