County creates video about resetting irrigation systems
All of Lee County, including Sanibel and Captiva, is currently under a mandatory water restriction order from the South Florida Water Management District. It requires property owners to irrigate once a week on specific days during specific hours.
Lee County recently created a “How-To” video to assist residents with re-setting their irrigation systems. To watch it, visit www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt6kgTorTwg&feature=youtu.be.
To watch Lee County’s Water Conservation and Restrictions video, visit www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt6kgTorTwg&feature=youtu.be.
In April, the SFWMD issued the countywide water restriction order, which includes:
– Even-numbered property addresses may only irrigate on Sundays.
– Odd-numbered addresses may only irrigate on Wednesday.
– All landscape irrigation is prohibited between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily to reduce evaporation.
– Use of reclaimed water is not restricted.
– Residents are encouraged to continue frequent hand washing. Frequent had washing uses very little water. There are no restrictions on water use to response to COVID-19.