Lee County Library System expands contactless curbside pickup to all locations
Library patrons will be able to pick up on-hold materials at all Lee County Library System branch locations starting Saturday, May 9.
The new locations will be open for curbside holds pickup from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursdays and Saturdays, beginning Saturday, May 9. They include:
* Captiva Memorial Library, 11560 Chapin Lane, Captiva, FL 33924
* Dunbar-Jupiter Hammon Public Library, 3095 Blount St., Fort Myers, FL 33916
* Johann Fust Community Library, 1040 West 10th St., Boca Grande, FL 33921
* Pine Island Public Library, 10701 Russell Road, Bokeelia, FL 33922
* Riverdale Branch Library, 2421 Buckingham Road, Fort Myers, FL 33905.
Beginning Monday, May 11, patrons will be able to begin placing new holds on library materials for pickup at all locations. Once filled, these requested items will be available for pickup through the curbside service.
Curbside pickup will continue to be available 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday for patrons with library materials being held at the following locations:
* Bonita Springs Public Library, 10560 Reynolds St., Bonita Springs, FL 34135
* Cape Coral Lee County Library, 921 SW 39th Terrace, Cape Coral, FL 33914
* East County Regional Library, 881 Gunnery Road N., Lehigh Acres, FL 33971
* Fort Myers Regional Library, 2450 First St., Fort Myers, FL 33901
* Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers, FL 33919
* North Fort Myers Library, 2001 N. Tamiami Trail, North Fort Myers, FL 33903
* Northwest Regional Library, 519 Chiquita Blvd. N., Cape Coral, FL 33993
* South County Regional Library, 21100 Three Oaks Parkway, Estero, FL 33928
To use contactless, curbside pickup, patrons with holds available for pick up can drive to the main entrance of the library, stay in their car and call the telephone number provided on a sign at the location. The staff member who answers will ask for the library card number, check out the materials and bring them to the designated spot. The patron can then pick up their materials and depart with their items.
Library staff at these locations will be available only to bring out held materials.
The contactless curbside pickup, approved at an emergency Board of County Commissioners meeting on Tuesday, April 28, is part of the county’s phased-in approach for residents. The county has also resumed exterior book returns at all branches for patrons to drop off checked-out materials. No fines are being assessed for items overdue because of library closures during the COVID-19 pandemic. Due dates have been extended due to the closures. Library branches are unable to accept donations at this time.
Further announcements on library operations will be forthcoming. There is no set date at this time for when libraries will reopen.
Additional questions by library patrons can be directed to 239-479-4636, text 239-204-5321, chat at leelibrary.net or email email@example.com. The hours for these services are Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.