SFWMD orders irrigation restrictions for Lee County
On April 24, the city of Sanibel reported that the South Florida Water Management District issued a countywide mandatory water restriction order which requires residents to irrigate once a week.
– Residents are encouraged to continue frequent hand washing. Frequent had washing uses very little water. There are no restrictions on water use to response to COVID-19.
– Use of reclaimed water is not restricted.
– All landscape irrigation is prohibited between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily to reduce evaporation.
– Even-numbered property addressed may only irrigate on Sundays.
– Odd-numbered addresses may only irrigate on Wednesdays.