DEO announces new site to apply for Reemployment Assistance
On April 8, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity announced a mobile-friendly online application for Reemployment Assistance available at www.FloridaJobs.org/RAApplication.
“The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is committed to ensuring Floridians are able to receive the benefits owed to them during this global pandemic,” Executive Director Ken Lawson said. “The team is working around the clock to make the process for applying for Reemployment Assistance as easy as possible for Floridians.”
Floridians who do not have a current open Reemployment Assistance claim should complete their application online. To utilize the online application or to download the paper application, visit www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19. If a Floridian chooses to submit a paper application, they should mail their application to DEO, and a representative will call when their application is processed.
Any Floridian who has lost their job due to COVID-19 is encouraged to complete an application.
The following steps are needed to complete an application online or by mail:
– Collect all information needed to complete the application.
You will need the following information to submit an application for benefits. You are encouraged to collect the following documents and information before beginning the application process.
– Social Security number
– Driver’s license or state ID number
– Employment information for the last 18 months for each employer
– Employer ID/FEIN number (this is found on your W2 or 1099 tax form), if available
– Employer name (name on pay stub), address, and phone number
– First and last day of work
– Gross earnings (before taxes are taken out) covering the last 18 months
– Reason for separation
If you are one of the following, make sure you have this additional information available:
– Not a U.S. citizen: Alien Registration Number or other work authorization form
– Military employee: Copy of your DD-214 Member 4; if you do not have the Member 4, then a copy of your Member 2-7 may be used.
– Federal employee: SF-8 or SF-50
– Union member: Union name, hall number, and phone number
– Submit your application.
You can apply online or print an application and submit it. Paper applications may take longer to process than completing an online application. Paper applications can be mailed to: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, P.O. Box 5350, Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350.
CareerSource locations across the state are available to assist with completing and submitting online applications. They can also provide paper applications. Visit CareerSourceFlorida.com for locations.
FedEx is also offering Floridians the option to print and mail applications at locations throughout the state free of charge. Visit local.fedex.com/en-us/fl/ to find a nearby participating location.
– Receive your application confirmation
If you mail your application to DEO, a representative will contact you after your application is processed.
A written determination will be provided electronically and/or by mail to explain if you are monetarily eligible, and if you are, what your weekly benefit amount will be.
For more information about benefits and how to apply, visit www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19.