Florida Guard in-state deployment nears 1,700
The Florida National Guard now has 1,679 Guardsmen on State Active Duty in support of Florida’s COVID-19 response and is operating five Community Based Testing Sites that have administered 22,040 sample collections as of Saturday.
* The C.B. Smith Park CBTS in Broward county has administered 7,948 sample collections since operations began there.
* The Hard Rock Stadium CBTS in Miami-Dade county has administered 8,044 sample collections since operations began there.
* The Marlins Park CBTS in Miami-Dade county has administered 2,054 sample collections.
* Orange County Convention Center in Orange county has administered 2,453 sample collections.
* The West Palm Beach Fit Stadium Site in Palm Beach county has administered 1,541 sample collections.
Additionally, the FLNG is supporting airport screening operations in support of the Florida Department of Health at seven airports: Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW); Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), Miami International Airport (MIA), Orlando International Airport (MCO), Jacksonville International Airport (JAX), Tampa International Airport (TPA), and Palm Beach International Airport (PBI).
The FLNG Citizen-Soldiers and Airmen are also mobilized in support of the State Logistics Readiness Center in central Florida, ensuring needed supplies are getting to the right place at the right time across the state. Additionally, FLNG members are working in the State Emergency Operations Center and local emergency management offices across the state, serving as liaisons, ensuring local authorities understand the capabilities and equipment of the FLNG.
As this crisis continues, the Florida National Guard will maintain a ready force across the state for a variety of missions to include medical support and distribution of necessary commodities, officials said.
For more information about COVID-19 and the State of Florida’s response, visit www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/covid19-toolkit.html.
Source: Florida National Guard