Sanibel beach parking permits go on sale
The 2020 Sanibel Beach Parking Permits went on sale on Nov. 4 for Sanibel residents and property owners at the Sanibel Recreation Center; they are no longer sold through the police department.
To qualify, bring a valid vehicle registration for each vehicle and a valid government issued identification. A driver’s license showing a Sanibel address or proof of Sanibel property ownership is required to purchase a resident/property owner “A” sticker.
Valid through Nov. 30, 2020, the permit decals and fees are as follows:
– “A” Resident/Property Owner: $12 (resident and/or Sanibel ad valorem taxpayer property owner)
– “B” Non-Resident Permit: $124 (non-resident/non-Sanibel ad valorem taxpayer property owner)
– “C” Restricted Permit: $90 (resident and non-resident)
– “A/C” Resident/Property Owner Permit: $102
– “B/C” Non-Resident Permit: $248
– Decal Transfer or Reissue Fee: $3 (residential and restricted)
The general parking meter rate is $5 per hour or any fraction.
General parking at $5 per hour or “C” permit required for parking at Gulfside City Park (Algier’s) and the Sanibel Boat Ramp. “A” permit parking only at Beach Access Lots 1-7 on West Gulf Drive.
Payment may be made via cash, check, MasterCard, American Express or Visa.
At 3880 Sanibel-Captiva Road, the Sanibel Recreation Center is open 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
For more information, call 239-472-0345 or visit www.mysanibel.com.