Shell Point announces Fine, Performing Arts Series
Shell Point Retirement Community announced its 2019-2020 Fine and Performing Arts Series, which brings a variety of local and international performers to Shell Point’s campus in four distinct series.
Events are open to the public, with tickets now available.
“The 17th season of the Shell Point Fine and Performing Arts Series is filled with an impressive array of talented artists and dynamic performances,” Laura Slack, director of resident life, said. “With three distinct musical series, along with the skills of resident artists and artisans, this season offers something for everyone.”
The Fine Arts Series highlights the artistry of Shell Point resident artists and artisans with two annual shows. The free shows will showcase the creative work of many talented residents and ranges from photography and painting to three-dimensional sculptures and intricate quilts.
– Nov. 1-2: Shell Point Artists and Artisans Holiday Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Village Church on The Island at Shell Point
– March 20-21: 2020 Two-Dimensional Art Show and Sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Coastal Commons at Coastal Links
The Performing Arts Series features concerts including some of Broadway’s most well-known hits, classical pieces from an award-winning ensemble and a big band musical performance from a group of internationally celebrated musicians. Concerts will be held in The Village Church Auditorium on The Island at Shell Point and include:
– Nov. 25: The Four Italian Tenors at 7 p.m.
– Jan. 16: Sail On, The Beach Boys Tribute at 7 p.m.
– Feb. 27: Embraceable You, The Music of George Gershwin at 7 p.m.
– March 5: The Queen’s Cartoonists at 7 p.m.
– March 19: Florida Gulf Coast University Wind Orchestra at 7 p.m.
Tickets cost $40 with the exception of the FGCU Wind Orchestra concert, which costs $15. Advance ticket packages are also available, providing savings up to $35.
Concerts & Conversations Series events will take place in the Grand Cypress Room at The Woodlands at Shell Point, which allows for an intimate, chamber-style performance, followed by refreshments and the opportunity to meet the performers. The series includes performances by:
– Nov. 12: Chamber Music with a Twist at 7 p.m.
– Dec. 3: Duo Beaux Arts at 7 p.m.
– Jan. 2: Peter & Will Anderson Jazz Trio at 7 p.m.
– Feb. 12: Penning & Langford at 7 p.m.
– March 25: Peter Bergin, Ragtime Pianist at 7 p.m.
Tickets cost $30. Advance ticket packages are also available, providing savings up to $20.
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA SYMPHONY
Shell Point is partnering with the Southwest Florida Symphony to present performances in the Southwest Florida Symphony Series. Tickets for the series range from $25 to $35.
– Dec. 13: Holiday Pops Concert, Christmas in Paradise at 7 p.m.
– Jan. 23: Stradi-Various at 7 p.m.
– April 2: Transfigured Night at 7 p.m.
To make a reservation, contact 239-454-2067 or visit www.shellpoint.org/concerts.
Tickets will be held for pick-up at will call on the night of the performance.