LCEC: Power down or sleep mode — what to know!
There are many simple and free ways to save on your electric bill. One simple trick is to power down your computer when you are not using it. If shutting down your pc is not an option for you, LCEC energy experts recommend that you put your computer in sleep mode whenever possible. Here is the cost difference for keeping your desktop computer with an LCD screen on 24/7 for all 365 days in a year:
– Fully powered: approximately $89
– Sleep mode: approximately $20
Below are some additional ways to save when it comes to your home computers:
– Power off monitor if you will be away from your computer for more than 20 minutes.
– Power off your computer and monitor if you will be away from your computer for more than two hours.
– Ditch your desktop for a laptop which uses substantially less electricity.
– Look for the Energy Star logo when purchasing electronics.
For more ways to cut your energy costs, visit the Energy Efficiency tab on lcec.net.