Bailey’s employee among top winners at VCB E Awards
The Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau held its 19th annual Elaine McLaughlin Outstanding Hospitality Service Awards on Aug. 39 to acknowledge tourism professionals and their extraordinary customer service and dedication.
Held at The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village in Cape Coral, the “E Awards” ceremony included more than 700 guests. It is a collaboration with local businesses to encourage customer service that makes a difference.
Residents and visitors wrote more than 1,000 nominations recognizing the dedication and generosity of frontline employees. Nomination criteria included service satisfaction, leadership, work ethic, job knowledge, performance skills, familiarity with the destination and assistance during an emergency.
Among the top winners selected for their exemplary service was Veronica Martorelli, with Bailey’s General Store, for the “Other Services/Businesses” category.
Martorelli makes her customers feel special. A customer wanted a specific cleaning product and Martorelli asked for her name and number to call when it came in. Martorelli called her and when she arrived at Bailey’s, Martorelli gave her the cleanser she had at home because the product was no longer available. She also gave another customer a new mug when the mug she bought was not dishwasher safe. She showed someone a repair kit to fix glasses and then made the repair. As one nominator wrote, “I look forward to my yearly visits because I know she will be there to take care of our problems. I hope her managers know what a gem they have.”
The other top winners included:
– Accommodations: Heather Patterson, of Residence Inn by Marriott
– Attractions: Matt Hetrick, of Southern Instinct Charters
– Restaurants: Kevin Tully, of Outrigger Beach Resort
– Transportation: Teresa Jimenez, of Lee County Port Authority; John Rush, of Swissport USA Inc/ Spirit Airlines; and Chris Styles, of Lee County Port Authority
– Good Samaritan: Ronnie Wood, of Lee County Sheriff’s Office
– Best Tourism Boss: Angie Millican, of Homewood Suites by Hilton at the Bell Tower Shops
– Honor of Distinction Winner: Sean Adams, of Lee County Port Authority Police