Sanibel officer is nominee for 2019 Officer of the Year award
The Rotary Club of Fort Myers South recently announced the nominees for the 2019 Officer of the Year Award, and an officer with the Sanibel Police Department is among the 12 on the list.
Open to all Lee County law enforcement agencies, the award honors one local hero who goes above and beyond to protect and serve the community. Agencies were able to nominate up to five officers.
To qualify, nominees must work full-time as a sworn officer who is employed by and in good standing with their nomination agency; be committed to going beyond the call of duty, characterized by serving as a role model for others; show total contribution to the agency and community throughout the year; and exemplify extraordinary actions beyond their expected job responsibilities.
The following officers were nominated for 2019:
– Officer Sean Adams, Lee County Port Authority Police Department
– Deputy 1st Class Donna Aiossa-McNally, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
– Officer Richard Castellon, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
– Officer Jonathan Duffy, Cape Coral Police Department
– Col. Thomas Eberhardt, Lee County Sheriffs’ Office
– Deputy 1st Class Michael Elkady, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
– Officer Nicholas Hubatch, Sanibel Police Department
– Officer Myles Kittleson, Florida Gulf Coast University Police Department
– Lt. Richard Meeks, Fort Myers Police Department
– Sgt. Carlos Mena, Cape Coral Police Department
– Detective Jason Steinke, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
– Lt. Roger Valdivia, Fort Myers Police Department
The finalists will be announced in advance of the event.
One hero will be recognized during a special presentation at the sixth annual Law & Order Ball, presented by the Rotary Club of Fort Myers South. Open to the public, the celebration will take place on Sept. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hertz Arena. The black-tie optional gala will feature cocktails, hors-d’oeuvres, formal dinner, silent and live auctions, and entertainment.
Tickets are $175, or $1,750 for a table for 10.
Those unable to attend can still participate by sponsoring an officer for the event, donating auction items or making a contribution to the “Fund A Need” to support life-saving tactical equipment.
For more information, visit www.lawandorderball.org or contact Allie Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org.