Eyeglass donations slightly down in April
The Sanibel-Captiva Lions Club is continuing to collect used prescription eyeglasses and lenses, as well as cases and hearing aids, for its Recycle for Sight program.
April donations were down 4.5 percent from the prior month, with the highest collection of 338 total items in September. A total of 2,781 items have been collected since July, the start of the fiscal year.
Donated glasses are cleaned and processed by Lions for distribution in needed areas of the United States and throughout the world. Donations can be made in any of the specially-marked Recycle for Sight boxes or to a neighboring Lion.
“We are grateful for our community’s generous support of this valuable program,” Rick Wagner, the Recycle for Sight coordinator, said. “Your unused glasses, lenses, cases or hearing aids will help someone have better sight or hearing and that means a lot.”
Recycle for Sight boxes can be found at the following locations:
– Ace Hardware, 2025 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Bank of the Islands,1699 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Bank of the Islands, 14812 Captiva Drive, Suite 33924, Captiva
– Bailey’s General Store, 2477 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Island Pharmacy, 2330 Palm Ridge Road, Suite 12, Sanibel
– Sanibel Captiva Community Bank, 2475 Library Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Captiva Community Bank,1037 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Community Church, 1740 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Public Library, 770 Dunlop Road, Sanibel
– Sanibel Eyecare, 1571 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Senior Center/Center 4 Life, 2401 Library Way, Sanibel
For more about the club, visit sanibelcaptivalions.org.