Estero High student wins ‘Leave the Scene Clean’ contest
The cover of the 30th Annual Keep Lee County Beautiful “Leave the Scene Clean” Calendar will feature the artwork of Estero High School senior Chrisdeana Schneider.
Nine other students from the School District of Lee County won first place for their grade level and will have their artwork displayed inside the calendar.
The 2020 calendar will be produced over the summer and ready for distribution in the fall.
The calendars will be sold through the schools with all money raised being retained by participating schools. Any school or student environmental club may use the calendar as a fundraiser.
The submitted work was judged on artistic execution and originality as well as environmental theme. The judging panel was made up of five volunteers including a Lee County School District director.
No students from The Sanibel School placed at elementary or middle school levels.
The high school winners included:
– First place – Kaitlyn Logue, Cypress Lake High School
– Honorable mentions – Heloysa Lopes, North Fort Myers High School; Heidi Hernandez, Cypress Lake High School; and Emma Gillen, Estero High School
– First place – Emma Roth, Estero High School
– Honorable mentions – Chloe Lange, North Fort Myers High School; and Christopher Hultgren, Cypress Lake High School
– First place – Kimberly Sarabia, Estero High School
– Honorable mentions – Bella DeMay, Cypress Lake High School
Ashley Ortiz, Dunbar High School; and Bethllenix Angel Zubieta, East Lee County High School
– First place – Brianna Johnson, Cypress Lake High School
– Honorable mentions – Zita Baten-Hernandez, Dunbar High School; and Merari Salinas, Cypress Lake High School