Rec center to hold open house for summer camp program
Calling all time travelers, the Sanibel Recreation Center will host a Summer Camp Open House on May 17 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at 3880 Sanibel-Captiva Road.
Take a journey through the ages from prehistoric to future as attendees travel through time with summer camp. Have an opportunity to meet the summer counselors, walk through a sample of the daily activities and ask questions about the program. It is also a chance to review the field trip schedule and take advantage of the “early bird” rates.
The Sanibel Recreation Department’s Summer Day Camp is a nine-week traditional camp, which will run from June 3 to Aug. 2, Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; camp will not be held July 4.
The program is offered to children entering kindergarten through eighth grade.
Refer to the registration packet for specific kindergarten registration requirements.
Campers will participate in activities such as swimming, arts and crafts, athletics, and a variety of games. As part of the registration fee, breakfast and lunch will be provided daily.
Campers should bring water, swimsuit, towel and sunscreen daily.
Cost per week is $157 for members and $206 for non-members. Register in advance and receive the “early bird” rate; the early bird rate per week for members is $132 and $171 for non-members.
The camp weeks are as follows:
– June 3-7: Register before May 29 for early bird rate
– June 10-14: Register before June 4 for early bird rate
– June 17-21: Register before June 11 for early bird rate
– June 24-28: Register before June 18 for early bird rate
– July 1-5 (no camp on July 4): Register before June 25 for early bird rate
– July 8-12: Register before July 2 for early bird rate
– July 15-19: Register before July 9 for early bird rate
– July 22-26: Register before July 16 for early bird rate
– July 29 to Aug. 2: Register before July 23 for early bird rate
Financial assistance is available to qualifying families.
For more information, visit www.mysanibel.com or call 239-472-0345.