PR professionals, nonprofits to team up for Annual Nonprofit Day
The Florida Public Relations Association’s Southwest Florida Chapter is hosting FPRA’s annual Nonprofit Day on May 9 from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Holiday Inn Fort Myers Airport, at 9931 Interstate Commerce Drive, Fort Myers.
The event is an opportunity for Southwest Florida’s philanthropic organizations – and those interested in learning more about the area’s charity landscape – to gather and learn from local industry experts on topics to enhance community reach and impact.
This year’s theme, “Cheering for the Home Team,” will focus on providing attendees with usable practical information on how to build effective strategic alliances for a common goal.
Attendees will head back to the office with case studies, takeaways and practical tips on how collaboration and non-monetary resources can be used to improve non-profit public relations functions for organizations, while positively impacting the Southwest Florida community.
Speakers to include:
– Richard Kelly, chief operating officer of Make-A-Wish Southern Florida
– Amanda Beights, vice president of Leadership Collier Foundation
– Kara Jeudy and Shannon Hoyt, directors of The Salvation Army Fort Myers Area Command
– Chris Wittman, program director of Captains for Clean Water
– Nicole Hendra, executive director of Dress for Success
Registration cost is $30 or $20 for students and includes breakfast.
For more information or to register, visit www.fpraswfl.org/2019-fpra-annual-non-profit-day.