2020 Census job opportunities on Sanibel
The City of Sanibel was recently contacted by the U.S. Census Bureau for assistance in informing the community of job opportunities open for the 2020 Census.
The census remains an important indicator in defining federal, state and local political districts for an accurate and fair representation in every level of government. Participation and assistance in the census impacts the city and its residents in regards to funding received over the next decade in areas including emergency preparedness, disaster relief and resiliency planning.
To be eligible for a 2020 census job, persons must meet the following qualifications:
– Be at least 18 years old
– Have a valid Social Security number
– Be a U.S. citizen
– Have a valid email address
– Complete an application and answer assessment questions (some assessment questions are available in Spanish; an English proficiency test may be required)
– Pass a criminal background check
– Commit to completion of training
– Be available to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, and/or weekends
For more information or to apply, visit 2020census.gov/en/jobs.