School district to host recruitment fair
The School District of Lee County will hold a Spring Teacher Recruitment Fair on April 13 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Lee County Public Education Center, at 2855 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers.
Principals and assistant principals will conduct interviews and hire on-site for 2019-2020 vacant teaching positions.
Candidates must pre-register at apply.leeschools.net and apply for the position titled “Pool – Spring Teacher Recruitment Fair (Job ID 20190012).” Once an application is submitted, candidates will be screened and invitations will be e-mailed by March 29.
Since offers of employment will be extended, candidates must meet one of the following requirements to be eligible for an invitation:
– Hold a valid standard teaching certificate (Florida or out-of-state)
– Expected to graduate from a college of education by August 2019
– Hold a bachelor’s degree in an area where certification can be obtained
– To see if your bachelor’s degree can lead you towards certification, visit the Florida Department of Education’s website.
– If your degree major does not equate to a certification area, register to take a subject area exam.
For more information, email Careers@leeschools.net.