Applications being taken for Historical Preservation Committee
The city of Sanibel is accepting applications for the Historical Preservation Committee.
Are you interested in the preservation of Sanibel’s unique history? Would you like to help provide residents and visitors reflections of the island’s history and the pre-historic period up to and including the incorporation of the city?
– Appointed by the Sanibel City Council for one-year terms
– Must be full-time resident of Sanibel
– Must have knowledge, skills or interest in historical preservation
– Assist in the acquisition and de-accession procedures of materials and objects acquired by the committee
– Assist the city’s Historical Preservation Committee in collecting, procuring, preserving and displaying items relating to the history of the islands of Sanibel, Captiva and their environs
– Other duties as outlined in the city’s ordinances
Any resident wishing to serve may visit mysanibel.granicus.com/boards/w/ff750aa1174c29f2 to access the online application. After opening the hyperlink, click the green “Apply” button and continue to complete the online application. At the end of the application process, click the green “Submit” button, which will allow submission of your application to the City Clerk.
The deadline for applications is March 18.
For more information, contact the City Manager’s Office at 239-472-3700.