Guardian ad Litem Foundation to host event series
The Guardian ad Litem Foundation recently announced its “I am for the child” event series.
According to the foundation, over 2,200 children in Southwest Florida have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect and are hoping for a permanent, safe and loving home. Only 62 percent of the youth in crisis currently have a Guardian ad Litem volunteer advocate to serve as their “voice” and seek what is in their best interests as they navigate the system.
The events in the series include:
– Nov. 1: Trivia Nite at Bokamper’s Sports Bar & Grill in Naples
– Nov. 7: Fashion to a Tea at Twin Isles Country Club in Punta Gorda
– Nov. 11: Jazz Cruise with the Wine Whisperer on Sanibel-Captiva
– March 20: March Madness Bracket Competition (online)
– March 22: Jazz at Sunset by the Harbor-Beach Park in Port Charlotte
– March 23: Viva Las Vegas – Casino & Comedy at Ter-Tinis in Fort Myers
– April 24: Sunset Cruise at Fisherman’s Village in Punta Gorda
For sponsorship information and ticket opportunities, contact Roxanne Dyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-533-1435.
The Guardian ad Litem Foundation for the 20th Judicial Circuit is at 1700 Monroe St., Suite 600, Fort Myers. For more information, call 239-533-1435 or visit online at www.voicesforkids.org.