Early voting for primary election to kick off this weekend
Early voting for the Primary Election will begin on Aug. 18 and continue through Aug. 25.
The early voting sites will be open daily, including Aug. 19, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Voters may use any one of the 10 following sites:
– Bonita Springs – Elections Office, Bonita Commons #105, 25987 S. Tamiami Trail, Bonita Springs,
– Cape Coral – Elections Office, 1039 S.E. Ninth Ave., Cape Coral
– Cape Coral-Lee County Library, 921 S.W. 39th Terrace, Cape Coral
– East County Regional Library, 881 Gunnery Road N., Lehigh Acres
– Estero Recreation Center, 9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd., Estero
– Fort Myers Regional Library, 2450 First Street, Fort Myers
– Lee County Elections Center, 13180 S. Cleveland Ave., Fort Myers
– North Fort Myers Recreation Center, 2000 N. Recreation Park Way, North Fort Myers
– Northwest Regional Library, 519 Chiquita Blvd. N., Cape Coral
– Veterans Park Recreation Center, 55 S. Homestead Road, Lehigh Acres
The Primary Election will take place on Aug. 28.
Lee County Supervisor of Elections Tommy Doyle encourages voters to familiarize themselves with the content of their ballot. To view one’s customized sample ballot, visit online at lee.electionsfl.org/Admin/Check-my-Registration-Status. The customized sample ballot will contain only the contests that will appear on one’s specific ballot. Prepare to vote ahead of time – mark the sample ballot and bring it when voting.
In order to vote in-person at an early voting site or at one’s polling place on Election Day, voters are required to provide an acceptable form of picture and signature identification. If one’s picture ID does not include a signature, one may provide any form of signature identification. Signature ID does not have to be current.
Acceptable picture identifications include:
– Florida driver’s license
– Florida identification card (issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles)
– United States passport
– Debit or credit card
– Military identification
– Student identification
– Retirement center identification
– Public assistance identification
– Veteran health ID (issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
– Florida concealed weapon license (issued pursuant to s. 790.06 FS)
– Government employee ID