‘SWFL Bleeds Blue:’ Support continues for fallen officer
The Southwest Florida community continues to come together to pay tribute to fallen Fort Myers Police Department officer Adam Jobbers-Miller.
Supporters have organized “Southwest Florida Bleeds Blue,” a regional fundraiser being sponsored by law enforcement agencies and businesses in Lee and Collier counties.
The event will be held from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, in the Island House Clubhouse at the Island House Clubhouse at the Bonita Village Community with 100 percent of the money raised to go to Jobbers-Miller’s family.
Jobbers-Miller was only 29 when he was gunned down in the line of duty. He succumbed to injuries one week later, on July 28.
Funds raised will help his fiancee Jamie Kendrick and her son, who organizers said Jobbers-Miller hoped to adopt when the couple married.
The grassroots efforts are being led by Jesse Purdon, the director of Government Affairs of NABOR.
Event sponsors include Naples Hilton and Off the Hook Comedy Club.
Also taking part will be the FMPD, Lee County Sherriff’s Office, Collier County Sherriff’s Office, Naples Police Department, and Bonita Springs Fire Department.
The event lineup for Southwest Florida Bleeds Blue will include Lee County Undersheriff Carmine Marceno, who will give a speech in recognition of Jobbers-Miller. Jennifer Beaudoin of Cape Coral, who also sang for Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign rally in Southwest Florida, will sing the national anthem, A ceremony will be performed by the motorcycle and honor guard representatives from both Lee and Collier counties.
“I’m hopeful we can give back to a family that has given the ultimate sacrifice,” said Purdon, who strategically planned the Southwest Florida Bleeds Blue event to take place in Bonita Springs so both Lee and Collier County communities could meet in the middle. “It is a regional fundraiser that is slightly different than others as the proceeds will all go to the fiancee and child that were left behind.”
Entry, which comes with a free Off the Hook Comedy Club ticket, is $10 minimum per person, There will be a 50/50 raffle and silent auction. Fresh pizza from New York Pizza & Pasta will be baked and sold onsite, and beverages will be available for purchase.
Bonita Village Community is at 27901 Bonita Village Blvd, Bonita Springs,
Other upcoming fundraisers include:
* Rusty’s Raw Bar and Grill Estero location will hold a fundraiser for Officer Jobbers-Miller today from 4-6 p.m. Specials include black and blue mugs ($10), black and blue bracelets ($5), combo mug and bracelet ($13), along with food and drink specials all day.
Sales from 4-6 p.m. will be donated to the Jobbers-Miller family. Rusty’s is at 20041 S Tamiami Trail.
* Shima Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi bar on Sanibel will donate a portion of sales through Aug. 11. Shima is located inside the Sundial Beach Resort & Spa at 1451 Middle Gulf Drive.
* Stu’s Motorcycles and the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group, Fort Myers will host a benefit ride Sunday, Aug. 12, beginning at 8 a.m.
* Nauti Parrot Dock Bar on Fort Myers Beach will be hosting Drag Queen Bingo from 7-10 p.m. every Tuesday in August with money raised going toward the Jobbers-Miller family.
* The Bell Tower Shoppes will host a benefit concert for the family of Officer Jobbers-Miller on Aug. 23, from 6-8 p.m, located at 13499 S Cleveland Ave. in Fort Myers.