SanCap Lions report on Recycle for Sight’s progress for month
The Sanibel Captiva Lions Club experienced a very good collection of eyeglasses in July as part of its ongoing Recycle for Sight program.
July marks the start of the Lions’ year, which ended strong with a combined total of 3,896 eyeglasses, sunglasses, contacts and cases collected. Last month brought in 290 items.
“The largest contribution in July was collected by Lion Richard Deming, and we thank him for his service,” Lion Rick Wagner said.
The club delivered a total of 1,900 items to the Bonita Springs Lions Club, where the items are further categorized and sent on to a Lions Recycling Center to be cleaned and categorized by prescription and prepared for distribution in the United States and throughout the world.
To donate used glasses, including reading glasses, place them in the specially marked Lions Recycle for Sight collection boxes located at the following businesses:
– Ace Hardware, 2025 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Bank of the Islands,1699 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Bank of the Islands, 14812 Captiva Drive, Suite 33924, Captiva
– Bailey’s General Store, 2477 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Island Pharmacy, 2330 Palm Ridge Road, Suite 12, Sanibel
– Joey’s Custard, 2467 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Captiva Community Bank, 2475 Library Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Captiva Community Bank,1037 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Community Church, 1740 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Public Library, 770 Dunlop Road, Sanibel
– Sanibel Eyecare, 1571 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel
– Sanibel Senior Center/Center 4 Life, 2401 Library Way, Sanibel
The Sanibel Captiva Lions meet on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at The Community House on Sanibel. The meetings feature a speaker; dinner costs $15 for non-Lions. The public and visiting Lions are welcome to attend. To RSVP for dinner, contact Lion Steve at 239-233-6261 or Lion Jeff at 302-521-1158. For more about the club, visit sanibelcaptivalions.org.