F.I.S.H. of San-Cap collecting donations of school supplies
F.I.S.H. of Sanibel-Captiva is asking the community for help in making school a better place for students and teachers by the simple act of providing school supplies.
Starting school with the proper supplies promotes learning and helps keep students engaged.
“For families, especially those with more than one child, the back-to-school shopping expenses multiply,” F.I.S.H. Program Director Kathy Y. Monroe said. “We have learned that many parents struggle to pay for their school supplies along with the additional cash donations requested at the school for reams of paper, craft supplies, planners and such. It can become a real financial burden.”
Now through July 27, F.I.S.H. is collecting donations of school supplies. Bins have been set up at Bailey’s General Store, the Sanibel Recreation Center and F.I.S.H. Walk-In Center. Cash donations will also be accepted at Walk-In Center; simply choose to designate your donation for school supplies.
Supplies needed include the following:
– #2 medium soft pencils (Ticonderoga) and pencil pouches
– 24-pack Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils
– 24-pack Classic Color Crayola Crayons
– Eight-pack or 10-pack Crayola Broad Point Markers in Classic Colors
– Student scissors (left-handed and right-handed)
– Elmer’s Giant Disappearing Purple School Glue Sticks
– 4 oz. Washable Elmer’s Glue Bottles
– Notebook filler paper (wide-ruled) and 1.5-inch white three-ring binders
– Composition books, spiral notebooks and 3-by-5 index cards
– Head phones or ear buds (in plastic Zip Lock with child’s name)
– Packages of pens (red, black and blue)
For a complete list of school supplies by grade, visit sbl.leeschools.net/supply-lists.
“Our hope is that every child has exactly what they need to begin the school year,” F.I.S.H. President Maggi Feiner said. “We want our future leaders to have the necessary tools to excel, and it starts with the supplies; it really matters. And, you’ll be putting a smile on the face of a child as they arrive on the first day of school. Thank you in advance for your support.”
For more information, contact Kathy Y. Monroe at 239-472-4775.
The F.I.S.H. Walk-In Center is at 2430 Periwinkle Way, Suite B, Sanibel.