Lots of options this July 4th
Independence Day celebrants have lots of options around Lee County this July 4th:
** Cape Coral
* Red, White and Brew, a pre-July 4th event hosted by South Cape Hospitality & Entertainment Associations, is set for Saturday, June 30, from 7-11 p.m.
The pub crawl will take participants to 12 South Cape establishments for American-made beer and appetizer samples with a chance for prizes along the way. Tickets are $15 in advance, available on Eventbrite.com.
* The Freedom 5K, title-sponsored this year by Priority Business Solutions, begins at 7 a.m. on July 4 at the Chamber of Commerce building at 2051 Cape Coral Parkway East. Pre-registration is $30 for adults, $25 for youth (17 and under), $20 for military. Day of registration will be $40.
The Gunterberg Charitable Foundation will host a Kids Fun Run following the 5K; registration is $10.
A post-race party will be held following the event.
Register online at freedom5kcc.com.
* Red, White & BOOM!, a July 4th street party culminating in the largest fireworks display in Southwest Florida, will begin at 5:30 p.m. and go until 10:30 that night on Cape Coral Parkway at the foot of the Cape Coral Bridge. Live music will be performed throughout the evening, headlined by country musician Chase Bryant. “Boom Passes” are available to purchase for priority seating including food and drink. “Patriot Park” will have activities for the kids to enjoy, wristbands for access will be available to purchase as well.
General admission is free.
** Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach will celebrate the Fourth with a parade, fireworks and a whole lot more:
* Free pre Fourth of July Ostego Bay Marine Science Center Kids Fishing Tournament set for Saturday, June 30, from 9 a.m. to noon at Bonita Bill’s Waterfront Cafe, 702 Fisherman’s Wharf. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Cut bait will be provided, young anglers 3-15 need to bring their own poles. Prizes, free lunch.
For more information contact the Ostego Bay Marine Science Center, 765-8101.
* Fort Myers Beach Fourth of July parade. The parade featuring floats and costumed participants will make its way down Estero Boulevard from the Bay Oaks Recreation Center to Times Square beginning at 10 a.m.
Be aware the Matanzas Pass Bridge will be closed from 9 a.m. until noon on July 4 for the parade.
* July 4th Parks & Recreation Department “Patriotic Event” at Times Square from noon to 2 p.m. Activities will include “patriotic crafts,” a watermelon eating contest and a dunk tank.
* The Fort Myers Beach Fourth of July fireworks show will begin at approximately 8:45 p.m. at Times Square.
The Matanzas Pass bridge will be closed from to oncoming traffic from 9:30 p.m.-11 p.m.
For more information visit the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce website, fortmyersbeach.org/events/fort-myers-beach-fourth-of-july-celebration/
** Fort Myers
The Fort Myers River District Alliance will present Freedom Fest from 4- 10 p.m. on July 4. Freedom Fest will feature “free and family friendly fun down in front of the waterfront” on Edwards Drive including live entertainment and kids activities as well as food and trinket vendors.
Fireworks will start at 9:30.
A special viewing area specifically for veterans will be available.