Applications being accepted for annual Industry Appreciation Awards
The Horizon Council and Lee County Economic Development Office are seeking applications for the 2018 Industry Appreciation Awards, which celebrate the business community and recognize outstanding local businesses that have positively influenced Southwest Florida.
The honorees and finalists will be recognized during the Industry Appreciation luncheon on Oct. 4 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point in Estero.
Applications must be received no later than June 29.
Businesses will be honored in five categories:
– Business Citizenship: Awarded to a company whose financial, volunteer and active involvement in community organizations and programs create a better quality of business and civic life. Awards will be given in two categories – large (51-plus employees) and small (1-50 employees).
– Nonprofit of the Year: Awarded to a non-profit organization that has recognized a business or civic need within the community and through community responsibility, innovation, growth, sound business practices and community partnerships serves the community with vision and integrity. Awards will be given in two categories – large (operating budget $1 million or more) and small (operating budget under $1 million).
– Diversity in Business: Awarded to a business that has implemented programs in the workplace to create and promote diversity by employing initiatives within the organization and the community. Diversity is generally defined as acknowledging, understanding, accepting, valuing and celebrating differences among people with respect to age, class, ethnicity, gender, physical and mental ability, race, sexual orientation, spiritual practice and public assistance status.
– Startup of the Year: Awarded to a company founded in Lee County in the last three to five years with demonstrated continued growth, both financially and in staffing, since startup, while leading and overcoming challenges.
– Business of the Year: Awarded to a company in business six or more years in Lee County, under the same corporate name and ownership, which offers high-quality products and services, provides superior customer service, demonstrates strong ethical standards, is community-minded, supports employee development, exhibits exemplary leadership within its industry and among its clients and contributes to the economic growth and free enterprise.
For more information, visit www.leecountybusiness.com/iaw or call 239-533-6800.