Licht to teach miniature painting class at the Community House Nov. 10
Jenny Licht has been a miniature painter for most of career. On Friday, Nov. 10, from 6 to 9 p.m., at the Community House, Licht will teach attendees how to paint miniature Florida scenes on seashells and sand dollars and turn them into ornaments.
“We paint them very, very tiny using fine brushes,” Licht said. “For this class, they have to use their fine motor skills.”
During the class, attendees will have the option of painting their very own creation from scratch or they can fill in outlines painted by Licht of mermaids, fish and other tropical scenes.
“When they do it, they’re amazed when they get done,” Licht said. “It’s a step by step process.”
For the ornaments, Licht uses an all-surface paint. All materials are provided for the class.
“Fine art miniature painting is about brush selection – you’ve got to have good brushes and it’s about touch – you have to lightly touch it,” Licht said.
The class is $40 for Community House members and $50 for non-members. To register, go to sanibelcommunityhouse.net or call 239-472- 2155. To view all of Licht’s classes, go to wissotaart.com.
Licht has been teaching her “Art By You” classes at the Community House for the past four years. During season, Licht typical teaches twice a month.
In addition to teaching on Sanibel, she also teaches in 30 communities around Southwest Florida. She teaches everywhere from San Marco Island to Cape Coral.
Licht said she has been painting for as long as she can remember.
“I’ve been a painter all my life. I remember when I was 3, how much I loved to paint and color. Anything I ever did, I always came back to art,” Licht said.
Licht received a bachelor’s degree in art at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire.
Licht’s upcoming classes at the Community House:
* Paint your pet – Jan. 10, from 6-9 p.m. The class is $65 for members and $75 for non-members.
* Wooden tray painting – Jan. 31, from 6-9 p.m. The class is $55 for members and $65 for non-members.
* Alcohol ink coasters – Feb. 5, from 6-9 p.m. The class is $50 for members and $60 for non-members.
* Lanai palm bark art – Feb. 12, from 6-9 p.m. The class is $70 for members and $80 for non-members.
* Beach scene stool demo – March 8, from 6-9 p.m. The class is $75 for members and $80 for non-members.
* Silk scarves – March 14, from 6-9 p.m. The class is $80 for members and $90 for non-members.
* Painted glassware – March 20, from 6-9 p.m. The class is $40 for members and $50 for non-members.
* Alcohol ink coasters – April 11, from 6-9 p.m. The class is $50 for members and $60 for non-members.