Lee County issues mandatory evacuations
Lee County has announced mandatory evacuations beginning Friday morning.
Mandatory evacuation orders will be issued for the barrier islands, including Bonita Beach, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, Captiva, and Pine Island as well as for mobile and manufactured homes throughout Lee County
The following shelters will be open for evacuees at 9 a.m. Friday:
1. East Lee County High School, 715 Thomas Sherwin Ave., Lehigh Acres
2. Varsity Lakes Middle School, 801 Gunnery Road., Lehigh Acres
3. Harns Marsh Middle School, 1820 Unice Ave. N., Lehigh Acres
4. Oak Hammock Middle School, 5321 Tice St., Fort Myers
5. Island Coast High School, 2125 De Navarra Pkwy., Cape Coral
6. South Ft. Myers High School, 14020 Plantation Road., Fort Myers
7. Estero Rec Center, 9200 Corkscrew Palms Road., Estero
Tolls at Lee County’s three bridges Midpoint, Cape Coral and Sanibel Causeway are suspended until further notice.
Source: Lee County