City sets up Tornado Cleanup Info Page on City Website
The city of Cape Coral has set up a Tornado Cleanup Info page on the City’s website, www.capecoral.net .
The link is on the left menu bar. The page provides guidelines for residents in the affected area for debris removal by Waste Pro.
Information also is available regarding the permit process for needed repairs.
The page will be updated as needed, city officials said.
Waste Pro offers the following cleanup information for residents and property owners affected by the storm:
The information only pertains to residents in the area affected by the tornado:
- Customers who lost garbage or recycling carts may request replacements through www.wasteprousa.com. Follow the link at the top of the main page. This process will take a minimum of four weeks to replace.
- Customers may place garbage in plastic bags or other cans for collection until replacement carts are delivered.
- Recycling collection is not mandatory until the cleanup has been completed. Recyclables can be mixed with the garbage if needed.
- Yard waste does not have to be placed adjacent to the street in compliance with the ordinance. However, the waste must be manageable for collection vehicles.
- Licensed tree or landscape companies are required to remove the debris when they provide services to the residents. This debris should not be placed for pickup.
- Separate the items when placed at the street into following categories: Garbage/Construction Debris/Yard Waste/Bulk Items
- On scheduled garbage day, Waste Pro will focus only on regular garbage.
Small bulk items may be collected. Large bulk items, construction waste and items from the storm will be handled by debris trucks.