Lee County Schools to celebrate Veterans Day
Schools across the District are gearing up to celebrate Veterans Day and the sacrifices our military personnel have made to ensure our nation’s freedoms. Students, staff and schools will participate in the following programs, celebrations, parades and events:
* Pride and Patriotism of Lee County will be held Thursday, November 5th, at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall. Pride and Patriotism is an annual patriotic concert and tribute to veterans, student writers, artists and filmmakers in celebration of Veterans Day. The event will begin at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $15/each. The Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall is at 13350 FSW Pkwy, Fort Myers. 239-481-4849.
* Bayshore Elementary School will host a school-wide Veterans Day event on Tuesday, Nov. 10. The event will begin at 8:15 a.m. and is for staff and students. Veterans who are the friends or family members of students will be honored at the flagpole. Bayshore Elementary School is at 17050 Williams Rd., North Fort Myers. 239-543-3663.
* Caloosa Elementary School will be celebrating Veterans Day with a special assembly on beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 10. Caloosa Elementary School is located at 620 S. Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral. 239-574-3113.
* Colonial Elementary School will celebrate Veterans Day on Tuesday, Nov. 10, at 8:30 a.m. The celebration is for parents, family members, and students. Colonial Elementary School is at 3800 Schoolhouse Rd. E., Fort Myers. 239-939-2242.
* The Color Guard from East Lee County High School will be participating in Veterans Day events on the campuses of G. Weaver Hipps Elementary (8:00 a.m., Nov. 10) and Sunshine Elementary (5:30 p.m., November 10th). On Veterans Day, the school’s JROTC program will support a 5K Run on the campus of Florida Gulf Coast University. SFC Roseberry and 20 cadets will run in the race. The cadets will run in support of the Wounded Warrior Project, which assists wounded veterans transition back to civilian life.
* Fort Myers High School’s JROTC program will host a Veterans Day Recognition Ceremony on Nov. 4. The reception will begin at 7:30 a.m., followed by the program at 8:05 a.m. in the school’s auditorium. All who have served in the military are invited to attend the reception and program. Please RSVP to COL (Ret) Scott Robinson at email@example.com. Fort Myers High School is located 2635 Cortez Blvd., Fort Myers. 239-334-2167.
* Gateway Elementary School will host a Veterans Day Celebration on Nov. 9th, at 9:30 a.m. Lehigh Senior High School’s JROTC Program will present our nation’s colors and perform with the Gateway Elementary chorus. Gateway Elementary School is located at 13280 Griffin Drive, Fort Myers. 239-768-3737.
* The students and staff of G. Weaver Hipps Elementary School will be recognizing our nation’s veterans during a Veterans Day assembly at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 10. Veterans that are family members of students and staff, as well as local veterans, are invited to attend the program honoring the contributions made to our country by military personnel. The celebration will begin with the Color Guard from East Lee County High School presenting our nation’s colors. Students will lead the Pledge of Allegiance, sing the National Anthem and other patriotic songs. Special guests from our local American Legion will be speaking. A reception for the honored guests will immediately follow. G. Weaver Hipps Elementary School is located at 1200 Homestead Rd. N., Lehigh Acres. 239-368-7042.
* Gulf Middle School will honor local veterans with a Veterans Day ceremony on Friday, Nov. 6, at 10 a.m. Gulf Middle School is at 1809 S.W. 36th Terrace, Cape Coral. 239-549-0606.
* Harns Marsh Elementary School will host a celebration honoring veterans of the community on Tuesday, Nov. 10, at 9:15 a.m. This event will take place at the school’s P.E. pavilion and will include a performance by the chorus. Students, staff, family and friends of HME are invited. Harns Marsh Elementary is located at 1800 Unice Avenue N., Lehigh Acres. 239-690-1249.
* The JROTC cadets of Ida S. Baker High School will honor the veterans of the community during three separate Veterans Day Color Guard presentations. The first of the events will take place on Thursday, November 5th, at7:00 p.m. during the Pride and Patriotism Ceremony at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall. The second event will take place from 8 a.m. noon on Monday, Nov. 9, at the Coral Trace Manor nursing home on Santa Barbara Blvd. The final event will be the Veterans Day Parade in Downtown Cape Coral, Nov. 11, from 8 a.m. noon.
* The JROTC Cadets of Island Coast High School will honor the veterans of the community by participating in the following events: the Punta Gorda Veterans Parade on November 7th, at 10:00 a.m.; the Douglas Jacobson Veterans Hospital Wreath Ceremony on Nov. 10, at 10 a.m.; and the Cape Coral Veterans Day Parade on Nov. 11th, at 11:00 a.m.
Lehigh Senior High School will host a Veterans Day event on November 10th at 7:30 a.m. The event will celebrate our local veterans. Lehigh Senior High School welcomes students, parents, and the surrounding community. Lehigh Senior High School is located at 901 Gunnery Rd., Lehigh Acres. 239-693-5353.
* Dr. Carrie D. Robinson Littleton Elementary School’s 5th graders will host a Veterans Day program on Tuesday, Nov. 10, at 8:45 a.m. The program is for students and parents. Littleton Elementary School is located at 700 Hutto Rd., N. Fort Myers. 239-995-3800.
* North Fort Myers High School will honor veterans through participation in the following events: JROTC Pride and Patriotism presentation at Barbara B. Mann on November 5th, at 6:00 p.m.; a recognition of veterans presentation at the Lee County Public Education Center on November 10th at 8:00 a.m.; a veterans service at the Serendipity Community on November 11th at 6:00 p.m.; and the Cape Coral Veterans Day Parade onNovember 11th at 11:00 a.m.
* Orangewood Elementary School will host its annual Veterans Day Celebration for students, families, friends, and the community on Friday, November 6th. The celebration will take place at 9:30 a.m. on the school’s bus ramp. Orangewood Elementary School is located at 4001 DeLeon St., Fort Myers. 239-936-2950.
* Patriot Elementary School’s Unity Day Celebration will be held Friday, Nov. 6, at 9:00 a.m. The celebration will honor the veterans in our community. Parents, students and many community members will be in attendance, including representatives from the Southwest Florida Military Museum. There will be a breakfast reception for veterans immediately following the ceremony/performances. Patriot Elementary School is located at 711 SW 18th St., Cape Coral. 239-242-1023.
* Pine Island Elementary School will host its annual Veterans Day Observance on Tuesday, November 10th,at 10:00 a.m. Students, staff, parents, community members and veterans are all invited to attend. Pine Island Elementary School is located at 5360 Ridgewood Dr., Bokeelia. 239-283-0505.
* Ray V. Pottorf Elementary School will host a Veterans Day ceremony on Tuesday, Nov. 10, at 10 a.m. The program is open to students, parents and the local community. Ray V. Pottorf Elementary School is located at 4600 Challenger Blvd., Fort Myers. 239-274-3932.
* Riverdale High School’s Veterans Day Celebration is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 10. The school’s JROTC program will be sponsoring a Flag Raising Ceremony to honor veterans in the local area and at Riverdale High School. The ceremony will begin at 9:20 a.m. and will include the singing of the National Anthem by the Riverdale chorus, honor guard for attending veterans, thank you letters and honored veteran pins for all veterans, a JROTC Battalion formation, the Raider band playing a medley of service songs, student readings of patriotic poems and the raising of a flag that was flown on a combat mission over Iraq by a former Riverdale student/cadet. The Ceremony will be held on the school’s football field. The community, especially veterans, are invited to attend. Please contact Major Steven Falck at 239-694-4141 x286 if you have any questions. Riverdale High School is located at 2600 Buckingham Rd., Fort Myers.
* In recognition of Veterans Day, San Carlos Park Elementary School is inviting veterans and active duty personnel to be recognized during the school’s Veterans Day celebration. This year’s program will be heldTuesday, November 10th. There will be a continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m., followed by a tribute to our veterans from students. Veterans have been invited to speak with students in their classrooms this is a longstanding tradition at the school. San Carlos Park Elementary is located at 17282 Lee Rd., Fort Myers. 239-267-7177.
* The Sanibel School will host its annual Veterans Day assembly on Tuesday, Nov. 10, from 8:10 – 8:45 a.m. Several veterans who reside in the area will speak to the students about their life experiences. All students will attend the presentation. The Sanibel School welcomes all parents and community members who would like to attend this event. The Sanibel School is located at 3840 Sanibel-Captiva Rd., Sanibel. 239-472-1617.
* Spring Creek Elementary School will honor veterans at the school’s annual Veterans Day celebration onTuesday, November 10th, at 9:30 a.m. Faculty, students, veterans and families will gather around the flagpole in front of the school. Spring Creek Elementary School is located at 25571 Elementary Way, Bonita Springs.239-947-0001.
* Skyline Elementary School’s students and staff would like to invite all veterans and active duty personnel to attend their Veterans Day programs on Tuesday, November 10th, at 8:15 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. Student leaders will open the program with a speech dedicated to our veterans and active duty personnel. School music teacher,Sabrina Terry, will lead students in singing patriotic songs and reciting poems for veterans’ entertainment. The school encourages all area veterans to join them for the event. Skyline Elementary School is located at 620 SW 19th Street, Cape Coral. 239-772-3223.
* The JROTC Color Guard of South Fort Myers High School will honor veterans by participating in the following events: the Orangewood Elementary School Veterans Day celebration on Nov. 6; the veterans recognition during halftime of the South Fort Myers High School football game on November 6th; the City of Fort Myers Veterans Day Parade on Nov. 8; the Veterans Day celebration at Ray V. Pottorf Elementary School on November 10th; and the Veterans Day program at Gateway Charter School on Nov. 10.
* Sunshine Elementary School will host a Veterans Day concert on Tuesday, Nov. 10, at 5:30 p.m. The concert is open to all faculty, students, friends and families of Sunshine Elementary and the surrounding area. Sunshine Elementary School is located at 601 Sara Ave., Lehigh Acres. 239-369-5836.
* Three Oaks Elementary School’s Veterans Day ceremony is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 10th, from 8:10 8:55 a.m. The ceremony will take place at the P.E. pavilion. This is a school-wide event for the faculty, students and parents. Active duty military personnel and local veterans are invited as honored guests. Three Oaks Elementary School is located at 19600 Cypress View Dr., Fort Myers. 239-267-8020.