‘Granny’s Gang’ wins the 36th Annual Road Rally
The 36th Sanibel-Captiva Optimist Club Road Rally “Ralliers” had a detecting good time this July 4, as over 30 teams competed in the annual event, as the Granny’s Gang won top honors, which were announced Wednesday, July 15, at The Timbers Restaurant and Fish Market on Sanibel.
An afterglow party was held at the end of the course at the Sanibel Grill, which served an abundance of great food and outstanding service, which is run by Dining Room Manager of each The Timbers and Sanibel Grill Anja Danek.
The answers were provided to the participants, which led to interesting discussions, questions and lively conversations.
The Sanibel-Captiva Optimist Club and the Rally Masters appreciated the sponsors, participants and volunteers.
The 2015 Road Rally Winners/Placers are as follows:
- 1st Place-Granny’s Gang
- 2nd Place-Silly Sanibel Sleuths Seeking Signs by the Sanibel Sea Shore
- 3rd Place-Driving Miss Crazy
- Coveted Last Place- Rock Starz
- Places 4-28 included: Moving Fast & Going Nowhere; 5. Dosinia Dynamos (in a 2-way tie) and Strangers with Candy; 6. Martini Mama’s, The Wineaux (two-way tie for sixth); 7. Karas Kruisers; 8. Zbig Smiles; 9. Sharp Cookies; 10. Wit’s End; 11. Best in Show; 12. The “4” Loggerheads and Bayou Bombers (tie for 12); 13. Great White Grill; 14. Sunset Seekers and Food Fighters (tie); 15. Simon’s Flock, Trouts and Krauts, and Witches of East Lake (tie for 15); 16. Lentz Leaders; 17. Kelly Family; 18. The Five Dribwons; 19. Manatee Mayhem; 20. Pagafinchi; 21. Yoursanibelrealestate.com; 22. Captain Bubby’s; 23. Gang of Four and Bailey’s Baggers (tie); 24. War Eagle; 25. Illinois 3-minus 2; 26. A&A inc.; 27. We are the Millers; 28. Wacky Racers.
- The Best Decorated Car Award went to: Witches of East Lake.